About Us

Cain Steel is a Full-Service Steel Service Center

Our primary line of business is steel wholesale; however, we are heavily involved in steel processing among other things.

Our History

Cain Steel can be traced back to 1931 when it was founded by James Cain, Sr. Mr. Cain owned the business until December of 1986 when it was purchased by Billy Minges. Our company was originally located at the intersection of Queen City Avenue and 15th Street; the current location of O’Rileys Auto Parts. In 1960 the company moved to its current location on 20th Street.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Generally speaking, our customers are industrial and commercial contractors.

However, we don’t try to classify our customers into end-use categories such as this. Sometimes that customer is a large, international corporation needing steel for a new production line and sometimes it’s a local farmer looking to repair a plow. We see our customers come through the door in need of steel and we do whatever we can to meet that need.